SEO Management. Surely, you`ll heard it ages ago.
When talking about websites, you’ll almost certainly encounter the word “SEO Management” and how it can benefit your business in the long run.
And while SEO management is indeed a key ingredient in ranking high on search results and achieving business success, you may wonder, what exactly is it? What happens during the entire process of SEO management? What does an SEO manager do?
In this blog post, we’ll dig deeper into those questions, including best practices of SEO management, so you’ll gain more appreciation of the value of hiring an SEO manager and the ways they can assist your business.
Table of Contents:
What is SEO Management?
Simply put, SEO management is the process of implementing various planned SEO strategies and monitoring them to see whether they are effectively ranking the website on organic search results.
To give you another perspective, let’s look further into the role of an SEO Manager, who’s also referred to as an SEO consultant or SEO expert in some cases.
While they may possess SEO-related skills and experience like blog writing and programming, they may not be the ones to do them. Rather, their main responsibility is to oversee the entire process and ensure everyone is on the same page toward the same goal. This involves:
- Managing teams like creative, writers, marketers, programmers, and others.
- Monitoring the progress and outcomes of SEO efforts and making necessary tweaks to strategies
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and stakeholders.
As you can see, it’s a holistic approach that requires a mix of creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills so that your website remains on top of SERPs throughout the campaign.
Why is SEO Management important?
SEO management is important to stay fresh and relevant in the modern digital age. Add to the fact that attention spans are getting shorter and more websites are competing for attention, it’s all the more vital to effectively manage search engine optimization strategies and techniques. This way, your website can continue creating a positive experience for visitors and stay on top of search engine results.
How should SEO Management be carried out?
There are several unique ways SEO managers approach and carry out SEO management. However, they typically include the following:
Website audit is a crucial first step because here, your website will be thoroughly examined to uncover issues that may be keeping your website from ranking high in search results, such as broken links, slow loading speed, crawlability issues, and so on. This way, we’ll know the urgent ones that need to be fixed.
2. Keyword Research
Keyword research involves analyzing and selecting keywords or phrases that audiences in your industry or niche use when they’re searching for a product or service online. It also involves studying the preferences and interests of your target audience and the SEO practices of your competitors. All these would help us come up with the best keywords your website can rank for.
3. Content Creation and Management
Content creation is simply crafting content like blogs, articles, media, and infographics that your audience will find useful and engaging. On the other hand, content management is more concerned with the organization of the content that was created, including topic clustering, schedules for publishing content, and so on.
4. On-page Optimization
On-page optimization involves optimizing your website’s on-page elements, more importantly, the technical elements, such as your site speed, responsiveness, site security, 404s, and so on. Here, we ensure that your website complies with the technical rules and requirements so the search engine can understand your website more easily.
5. Off-page Optimization
Off-page optimization focuses on actions that can be taken outside of your website but still have an impact on your website’s rankings. This includes techniques like backlinking and social media marketing to increase your website traffic and gain more credibility, which can lead to improved rankings.
6. Monitoring and Reporting
Monitoring and reporting basically deal with tracking the progress and results of the SEO campaign and making the necessary adjustments based on the data. SEO managers use a variety of tools to measure traffic, keyword rankings, and other key metrics to help inform them of the next steps to take to improve your site.
What are the factors involved in performing SEO Management?
What factors do SEO managers look into during the entire SEO management? These factors include the following:
- Goals – Your goals as the client will determine how extensive the SEO campaign will be. So, take a seat and take time to establish SMART goals. Are you focusing on increasing your traffic? Are you looking to generate more sales?
- Target Audience – SEO strategies and tactics will be adapted to suit your target audience’s needs, preferences, and behaviors.
- Competition – By studying your business’s competitors, your SEO manager will be able to emulate successful SEO practices as well as identify gaps that can be filled to make your website stand out.
- Current SEO trends – SEO managers are always on the lookout for emerging SEO methods and technologies that can be used to enhance the performance of your website, as well as track the progress of their SEO efforts more effectively.
- Search engine algorithm updates – As algorithms are constantly changing, SEO managers stay vigilant so they can promptly make necessary adjustments to the current SEO strategies and prevent your website from falling behind rankings.
Best Practices of SEO Management
While the SEO manager would be doing the SEO work for you, it’s still important that you know the best practices of SEO management. This can help you understand what your SEO manager is doing to improve your website’s overall performance. Apart from that, you’ll have a more realistic expectation of the outcomes and make better decisions for your website.
Below are some best practices of SEO management:
- Create engaging and valuable content for the target audience.
- Organize content properly, and avoid duplicate content on the website.
- Conduct thorough keyword research.
- Acquire backlinks only from reputable and authoritative websites
- Use modern SEO tools to quickly identify technical issues, as well as gather data and results quickly
- Put notifications on to receive the latest SEO news and trends
- Document any changes or adjustments made to search engine optimization strategies to keep a record of what has been tried in the past, what worked, and what didn’t work.
- Conduct regular website audits and establish a set schedule for optimizing website content to ensure the website is relevant to the target audience.
How KBA Web Provides SEO Management Services
At KBA Web, we pride ourselves on being able to help several businesses by assisting them with their SEO management. This is how we do it:
1. Understand the Target Audience
First, we take time to understand your target audience, including their needs, preferences, and behaviors. What trends are they hopping on? What are they interested in? What topics do they resonate with? This will greatly help in selecting the right keywords to rank for, creating valuable content for your website, and making the right decisions in terms of your website’s structure and user experience.
2. In-depth Research
Once we have a deep understanding of your target audience, we conduct in-depth research to identify the right keywords for your business. This involves taking a look at the difficulty and competition of using each keyword to help us make informed decisions on which ones to prioritize in terms of ranking.
Apart from that, we study your competitors to identify their strengths and weaknesses. We also analyze your website’s content and performance to see which areas need urgent attention.
3. Plan the Best Strategy, with a Backup Plan
Based on the information we have gathered, we create a comprehensive search engine optimization strategy, including both on-page and off-page optimization techniques. In case of any unexpected circumstances, we prepare contingency plans to quickly make adjustments to the strategy whenever necessary.
4. Make a Strategy Implementation Plan and a Road Map
With a strategy in place, we further break them down into more specific, actionable steps that are easier to follow and measure. With that as our basis, we carry out the necessary actions to enhance your website’s performance. Some of these steps include creating high-quality content, link building, regular website audits, and so on.
5. Monitor the Result
Through the use of advanced tools and analytics, we keep track of the progress of our SEO efforts and check them against our goals and objectives. This includes looking at your website’s traffic, rankings, conversions, and other metrics.
6. Re-assess the Strategy if the Goal is Not Achieved
If we see that our strategies have come up short of achieving our goals, we examine what’s not working and make the necessary adjustments to rectify it. Here, we develop a plan once again and create a roadmap featuring new and modified approaches so we can hit our objectives.
7. Monitor the Result (again)
Again, we continue to monitor the progress and results of our new approach to see if it’s finally getting the job done. We analyze the data through the use of modern tools and look for opportunities we can capitalize on.
8. Continue Strategies that are Working
Once we see results from our SEO strategy, we keep the ball rolling and stick by the strategy. Of course, it doesn’t end here. We continue to monitor our progress and make necessary adjustments to sustain success. This involves keeping up with the latest algorithm changes and any emerging SEO methods and technologies to improve our current strategy and deliver the best results for your website.
With all being said, SEO management is a long-term strategy that requires time commitment and a lot of effort before we can reap results. It takes creativity and critical-thinking skills on the part of the SEO manager, as well as your dedication and cooperation as the website owner. As many website owners would agree, staying committed to the plan is a key to achieving the desired results.